Monday, November 14, 2011

Over 30 Foods that are supposed to be good for you.


I have taken the time to research top foods you should eat regularly and these are the ones I came up with. Some of these may not be good for some people, I'm no dietician. Some of these my not taste good, but surely I can enjoy most of them in some form whether it be raw or cooked. Have to be careful with the cooking though you can dilute or destroy the nutritional value if over cooked and the texture and flavor can very by preparation as well. 

Only problem is it can be expensive and inconvenient to eat healthy because some of it requires the time and preparation to suit your palate and if you don't use the items soon enough they will spoil and you just wasted money. It takes a certain passion and motivation to change from microwave and fast food to home cooked and healthy packed lunches. Sure there's healthy places to eat out if you can afford to do that everyday but most of us can't. 

I am going to attempt to work some of these foods into my regular eating habits. Some of them I already do, a few I've never tried. So we will see. I know there's more foods like beets that should probably be on this list but these were the most common in my searches.

Almonds
Apples
Avocados
Bananas
Black Beans
Blueberries
Broccoli
Butternut Squash
Carrots
Cashews
Cinnamon
Collard Greens
Eggs
Flaxseed
Garbanzo Beans
Garlic
Greek Yogurt
Guava
Kale
Mangos
Mustard Greens
Olive Oil
Oranges
Papaya
Pink Grapefruit
Quinoa
Spinach
Sweet Potatoes
Swiss Chard
Tea
Tomatoes
Turnip Greens
Walnuts
Watermelon
Whole Grains
Wild Rice
Wild Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment