Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Regardless of how Thanksgiving started, for me it is a holiday of thanks, family, sharing and the food.  A designated day or days to share time with each other while eating lots of food.

Growing up Thanksgiving was always at our house. The day before the house cleaning started as well as food preparations. Thanksgiving morning was about setting up tables, finish cleaning, finish up food sneak a few olives and Oliver the musical playing in the living room. Every year I don't know how it started but Oliver as I remember it played. Perfect for this holiday, good memories. Then everyone shows up, the usual faces and always a few new ones someone's girlfriend, co-worker or neighbor etc.

These days the family has grown up, gotten bigger, some have moved away so we are transitioning to new traditions. I hope one day soon to host my own Thanksgivings...and Oliver will sure as hell play during the festivities pre-game prep time.

This year I am thankful for having a boyfriend who loves me even though I'm a crazy weirdo ding dong and his family and their support and kindness, my parents for always loving me and being there for me through the 29 year of my existence so far, my brother I hope to spend more time together now that I'm back in AR, and my friends new ones who have only known be a couple years but share strong love with me and old ones who know damn near everything about me the good and bad and still love me for me, and my kitty cay and a fun job where I can be myself. Thank you.

Now some Oliver clips. Happy Turkey Day!









1 comment: